Sunday, October 07, 2007

a rough transition.

so, i've been trying my best to initiate fabulous snail mail with friends. so far, i've got few takers. i've sent over 25 pieces of mail and gotten 3 pieces in return (two from sushi...one was 5 words long). i think i may be overwhelming people with my amazing mail. i really got into it when i started and i've been making the envelopes really fancy. perhaps snail mail is just too far removed from my generation. it's a dead method of communication. oh my that would be tragic. maybe i am just being impatient...snail mail has snail in the title for a reason. i suppose i shouldn't stop sending out excessive volumes of mail. everyone loves mail, even if they don't respond. it's hard to fight the wish for reciprocation though.


uck. i guess the lack of responses has become increasingly tough as school ramps up and i am having less fun. i spend my days, weekends included, at a computer or at a desk scribbling nonsense (at least from a non-organic chemist's point of view). i want to get out and play, meet new people, but i just don't have time. i figure since i've committed to this whole graduate school thing i may as well put in the time and energy to do it right, at least in the beginning. it's pretty horrible. i have 21 credits, i TA four classes, next week i start studying for organic cumes (big scary tests that happen every few weeks), and i am attending tons of extra seminars to find out what the hell i actually want to research.

send me some love. just a short anecdote of your day. or, send me a buck and i'll mail you my new zine called, "my friends and their tall bikes."

oh rereading this post is even more despressing. well...back to my powerpoint presentation...

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger gabrielamadeus said...

Hey now, I just got mine on friday and it is aweomse! That said, I still haven't mailed out my christmas presents (yeah, from 2006) yet, so a reply, however well intentioned, may take awhile. Just think of it as a bigger surprise when it happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home