Sunday, November 04, 2007

action shot


business
Originally uploaded by kellypeach
here's me in my new place. i am in this position or one similar for about 2-12 hours a day now that i'm back in school. i've been grading, reading chemistry articles, working on homework, planning lesson plans, and more non-stop. it's finally starting to feel normal again.

i had no idea how much time grad school would actually be. it's really impressive to me. i have, however, chosen to go the 'organic' track, which requires way more work than any of the other chemistry fields here at santa cruz. but, within the next year (hopefully) this photo will be coupled with a shot of me in all my scuba gear in a really warm and beautiful place. hooray for natural products!

this weekend i went to my first ever 'stripper party' for jinsoo's 30th birthday party. it was SUPER hilarious. and SUPER expensive. i am impressed with how little the scantily clad lady had to do to make over $500 in less than an hour. makes me think i should switch my career path! ha.

did i mention that the high temperature for santa cruz today is 82 degrees. it's nothing but blue skies and blinding sun outside. the trees are still full of leaves and i'm starting to believe i live in the bahamas or something. i forgot that it was fall yesterday. i was talking about how nice this summer is and someone said, "kelly, it's november." out of control.

to be honest i kind of miss the rain. it's strange to make soup and drink tea (some of my favorite fall activities) when it's 85 degrees and sunny outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home