Friday, April 20, 2007

i've got a floor!

today i had a really funny conversation with a lady at new season's. she asked what i was doing this afternoon, and i stated, "i'm installing flooring in my house." then i had a really awkward time lying to this lady about what the meant. we ended up deciding that i was putting down wooden flooring in my kitchen. my excuse for the white lies: it would have taken too long for me to explain to this lady that a.) i live in a yurt that i built b.) what the hell a yurt is AND c.) that my 'flooring' consists of stapling down plastic and heavy duty cardboard on top of my sketchy pallet foundation.

i got my hands on a staple gun, which is awesome. i stapled the flapping fabric from the walls down to the door frame. i laid out amazing plastic donated by kelsey (juggle friend) and then haphazardly placed thick cardboard throughout the space. then i put down my bed and my rug! now i can walk around the whole space without having to step over spaces in the pallets and avoid soft spots. it's pretty awesome. it's now a chill space rather than a temporary housing solution.

right now i'm worried about the roof. the tarp needs some serious work. i've also bought a lock, which i'll install soon. progress, progress, progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home