Saturday, October 28, 2006

i got a job!

it's a miracle! hot lips pizza (a super neat sustainable pizza place whose toppings primarily come from local farmers) wants ME to work for them. maybe a pizza parlor job doesn't sound glamorous to you, but maybe you have never been to the 'oh-so-fabulous' hot lips pizza. everyone i've interacted with that works there is amazing. one of my interviewers was excited that i spun poi! and was totally jazzed about hearing my juggle farm/veggie oil adventures from this summer. hey, that's neat. these are my types of people. plus! they are going to teach me how to bake as soon as i'm interested. pretty stellar. they also have funny like electric cars (imagine a fancy golf cart) for deliveries. i love them. i mean US! hooray. everyday i feel beads of stress streaming off of me. i am suddenly free to explore portland guilt free.

this past friday i joined the group 'shift to bikes' to distribute free pastries and coffee and organic apples to bike commuters on the bridge (thus the name 'breakfast on bridges'. it was awesome. especially because it was super hero day, so i got be wear a goofy outfit to boot.

yup.

life is fancy and footloose.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kelly! Make the most of it, eh!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Is AWESOME!... Yeah.
I'm just some random Person from Washington state who typed in "sustainable Pizza" in google because I was wondering about how pizza parlours could produce less waste cuz I really enjoy pizza and here I find your blog! It's recent too!. I'm super glad for you whoever you are, that you've found a job you will enjoy cooking delicious sustainable pizza and driving around in electric golf carts. That just sounds to cool. It was nice reading your blog. Until we meet again! (if ever)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home