Monday, May 07, 2007

good morning!

my cell phone began chiming its soft twinkly alarm at 7 this morning. as the creases of my eyelids evolved to open almonds i smiled at my life. i'd spent the whole night concocting bizarre bicycles in my dreams. they were so strange and exciting. each morning i'm greeted by the soothing patterns of the wood that serves as the foundation for my house. the yellow fabric that covers the walls results in a warm glowing morning light. it's rarely been sunny these april and may mornings, but the color of the walls can be very deceiving. i can't help but smile and feel happy each and every morning. it's so refreshing compared to living in a house.

lately i've been more and more wary of people breaking into my home while i'm sleeping. last night i am pretty positive that someone in the adjacent yard was staring at me over the fence. it was probably out of curiosity, but it still makes me a little crazy. if anything it makes me want someone else to stay with me. i feel really vulnerable in those situations. it really is just me, alone, sleeping in my giant yurt...

speaking of vulnerability...yesterday i had my first migraine. i was meeting a bunch of people for a bicycle ride to vancouver. i rode about 1 mile from my house and began getting splotchy vision. i hadn't slept much, so i tried to ignore the blurry vision. then the headache set in. i tried and tried to push through the pain and the tunnel vision, but finally succumbed to the fact that i needed help and told my new friends that i was freaking out. shawn gave me drugs and a neck rub. lots of people saw me and asked if i needed help. one awesome lady gave me her daughters cateye sunglasses and said she was going to bring me coffee, that coffee would help. the glasses really helped. it was really strange. i was in so much pain i was unable to discern what type of help i needed. or what may help me feel better. i didn't know i was sensitive to the sun until i put on those sunglasses. i didn't know that the heat from the sun was bothering me until carl moved me to the shade.

my vision was the weirdest. i was incapable of really focusing on anything. anything i wasn't looking directly at seemed in focus and then when i looked at it it went out of focus. very strange.

i was driven home by a friend of a friend (thank you carl) and i slept the whole day away. it was scary, but i'm fine now. the worst part about it was the fact that i was completely unable to help myself. i needed others to lift me and get me home. i hate that.

other things:

1. i'm going home to bellingham on my birthday (may 18th) for the bellingham juggling festival.

2. i've been listening to emiliana torrini and she is the best. nice soothing vocals.

3. i'm going to start cooking more. i eat out all the time now and i think my body is starting to change for the worst as a result.

4. summer is being overwhelming to me right now.


love you guys,
kelly peach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home