Saturday, November 21, 2009

today i am a queen


chariot rites of passage
Originally uploaded by kellypeach
remember that huge fuzzy hat the i knit in college. the one with all the little frilly bits poking out of it in all directions? (as depicted in the photo to the right) well, i was wearing it today in this coffee shop, and generally people give me the 'are you insane look' when they see it on. it is pretty over the top, and makes my head look twice its size. ANYHOW, a mom with a nervous little girl in tow approached me to say that her daughter loved my hat. in fact, she thought it would be a hat that a queen would wear, and on that note she was wondering if i was a queen. with a hat with so many jewels i must be a queen right? i had to tell her i wasn't sure anyone would call me a queen, but thanks for the compliment. i asked if she wanted to wear it, but she was WAY too nervous (she was talking to a hypothetical queen after all).

it was adorable, and since i felt all sad because of all the qualifying exam studying i've been doing and strange wearing my hat, it really perked me up. man, little kids rock.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just stumbled on your blog, and your post reminded me of this quote,

"If you really want to know how you look ,don't ask your mother, your sister, your spouse or your best friend. Ask your 4 year old!"

BTW it IS a cute hat :)

Samantha
http://blogforsammie.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Petty Mayonnaise said...

that is really a cute story!
Found you blog by accident. Enjou and be a queen for a day!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Vibely said...

I love you kelly peach. you are a queen <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home