Thursday, July 14, 2005

diluent



i think i am a happy person. i would venture to say happier than most. this brings me back to my theory of equilibrium. i just don't think the world thinks it is fair for one girl to be this happy. maybe it is just laughing at me, like the greek gods who used to manipulate the mere mortals for the hell of it. for entertainment. yesterday i visited the crucible for the burning man preview, which was amazing and awe inspiring, of course. i returned to my house at 11 to find it dark and empty, as usual. however, i realized soon after i unlocked the door that the light in the entrance way had burned out. no wait. the kitchen light doesn't work either. nor does the fucking living room light. i wandered outside hoping that our neighbors were in the same situation. but, to my dismay, our house was alone in darkness. turns out, emily (the girl i am subletting from and living with) hadn't received a power bill this summer. she just figured...well, to be honest, i don't know what she thought. but, now there is no power in my house. turns out, emily and the other gals didn't bother to register for utilities for this upcoming year. what that means to me is no power until saturday. great.

i used amish's (a guy from lab) stove to cook dinner because i have to cook all my frozen food before it goes bad. but, besides that, living in candle light isn't that bad. it's actually kinda soothing. makes me want to take a bath. oh wait, no warm water...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home